Organization: Michigan Milk Producers Association
Milk Messenger – Assist with the production of MMPA’s monthly magazine, the Milk Messenger. The Milk Messenger is the official publication of MMPA and has a circulation of nearly 3,000 readers. Responsibilities related to the Milk Messenger may include:
- Pitch story ideas and help organize content calendar
- Research, interview sources and write stories for publication online and print
- Capture photographs to complement articles
- Coordinate advertisers
General Communication – Assist in the writing and production of a diverse range of communication materials including (but not limited to): newsletters, videos, milk check inserts, brochures, trade show displays, press releases, cooperative ads, MMPA website information and weekly employee email newsletter.
Member Services – Provide communication support for Member Services programs and events such as helping to promote Dairy Care Academy, FARM program and other program communications.
Social Media Management – Assist with MMPA social media accounts. Develop content strategy and monitor online presence.
Heritage Ridge Creamery – assist with the marketing and advertising efforts of Heritage Ridge Creamery.
Member Relations Programs – Assist as needed with various Member Relations Department programs for young adults, youth, promotion groups, members and industry events. Provide assistance as needed with local, district and State Annual meeting preparations.
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural communications, journalism or related field.
- One to three years’ work experience preferred.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and/or Premier Pro)
- Strong writing and editing skills required.
- Thorough knowledge of grammar and punctuation.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Experience in photography and videography.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications – MS Word and Excel.
- Proven initiative and self management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to travel within MMPA’s marketing region
- Background/experience in agriculture, the dairy industry or cooperatives preferred.
Application Procedure: Apply online.
Date Posted: 2/27/2019
Date Expired: 3/26/2019