Vanguard Public Affairs
Vanguard Public Affairs – a leading Lansing-based public affairs and strategic communications firm – is seeking a motivated Multimedia Specialist for its art department.
The Multimedia Specialist will work with the Creative Director and other staff members to support visual communications with Vanguard Public Affairs and its clients. Through collaboration and research, the Multimedia Specialist is responsible for creating seamless and effective visuals, including: websites, producing and editing audio, shooting/editing video and photography, assisting with social media graphics, graphics for email marketing campaigns and various print materials.
Knowledge of motion graphics and grammar/writing skills are a plus. Additionally, we are seeking an individual who is eager and open to continuous learning.
- The Multimedia Specialist will be supervised by the Creative Director and work directly with the Senior Communications Manager as well as Senior Staff members to serve clients
- Create designs for digital platforms such as: social media graphics (posts, cover photos, etc.), graphics for email marketing campaigns (Mailchimp)
- Create printed materials such as billboards, direct mail postcards, flyers, posters, etc.
- Shoot/edit video and photography (may require light travel to client)
- Create and update websites (mobile, too!) using primarily Wix or other content management systems. Knowledge of WordPress and HTML/CSS will put your resume at the top of the pile
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Strong knowledge of design theory that includes concept, color theory and typography
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audition, After Effects and Premiere)
- Strong video editing capabilities
- Ability to produce audio for radio spots and podcasts
- Familiarity with mainstream social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to listen to client needs and use supporting research to explain decisions made
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize daily tasks
- Must work well with others and have a team-oriented mindset
- Must be positive, self-motivated and readily accept feedback
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of preparing files for pre-press
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of Wix and WordPress
- Strong video editing skills
- Photography experience
Vanguard Public Affairs is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must submit a cover letter, resume and electronic portfolio in order to be considered for this position.
Electronic Portfolios can be submitted by:
- Providing a web address for your online portfolio in your resume or cover letter
- Attaching a PDF file to your application
View the job posting and apply online
Date Posted: 7/3/2019